Thursday, April 10, 2008

Weekend plans?!

Ok, so I have this dilemma: to run or to run or to not run.

There are TWO possible 5k races that I'm considering for this Sunday (ssssshhhhh, don't tell that crazy long distance runner I know! it's a secret!! and sssssssssssssshh, don't tell that Clydesdale I know; it'll just make him cry yet again, and I'm sick of hearing him whimpering when I tell him about my amazing runs): Race A: TRAIL RUN! at Ault Park and Race B: The Matt Havercamp Foundation Run . Race C: DO NOT RUN!

I have yet to run a 5K this year, but I feel like my conditioning is improving. It seems like the 4 mile runs are no big deal to me, and I don't know that I would have felt that way a few months ago. The 5K is at the Spring Grove Cemetery. I'm not sure how flat the course is, or what sort of turnout they'll have.

I'd love to do a trail run, but I've yet to be ON a trail this year. Trail running requires a different sort of running...at least for me. I'm far more intense on a trail run, because I'm worried about breaking an ankle. Given that I sprained my ankle twice last year, this should be a real concern for me. I've never even seen the trails at Ault Park, so that also makes me a bit nervous. But TRAIL RUNS ARE AWESOME!

So, I'm not sure what to do. Both of these races are on Sunday. There's even a Loveland trail run on Saturday that I could do.

Hmmmmmmmm....

No comments: