Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Seeking redemption? Run with me in West Chester this Saturday!

Ok, so, I think I'm going to try another 5k this weekend. There's one down in West Chester at the VOA. I have no clue what the course looks like, and I can't seem to find any indication of the route on the Web site, so who knows what I might be getting myself into.

Still, I'd really like to get a legitimate 5k time rather than a 5K+ time as I earned last weekend. My run today felt ok, but I don't believe I'm running with any sort of speed. Maybe I'll start doing some speed training depending on the outcome of this 5k. If I'm still running 9 minute miles, I probably will. I have a feeling I can run 8:30 miles, but perhaps that's too ambitious.

My body is working at cross purposes... I love the leg workouts, but those don't help my running. If you look at what I'm doing, you'll see that I really am trying to limit the weight I'm doing and I'm increasing reps, but ... I still am moving a lot of weight with my legs. Once I start cycling, it will be interesting to see what happens with my body.

Ok, I need to get back to work.

No comments: