Sunday, April 20, 2008

A taste of trail running...first of the year!!

Today I walked the trail for a bit with a friend and then took off on my own for a run. I love walking trails, but even with someone else, I prefer quiet.

The run went ok - it was drizzling a bit, and some of the trail is still pretty muddy. But I just love the feeling of running the trail, things flashing before my eyes, looking for a place to safely place my feet, etc. It makes running fun.... I believe this is the first time I've been on the trails running, but I could be mistaken.

I didn't run that far, because I had walked a good bit. I also didn't feel entirely comfortable on the trail for some reason, and I trust my instincts, so ...

Well, at 3pm there's Paris-Roubaix on VS. Unfortunately, they're two weeks late with their coverage. Not sure if they're also covering Amstel Gold. They have two hours of race coverage scheduled, and the last time I watched, it was terrible - they combined two races...showed the second race first. Very weird.

No comments: