Friday, March 14, 2008

Today's Leg Workout

So, after my breakfast of oatmeal and a chat with the former police chief, I drove to the gym and did the following:
  • angled leg press machine: 2 x 45 lb plates; 3 separate leg positions, 30 reps each (small break in between each set)
  • angled leg press machine: 4 x 45 lb plates; 2 separate leg positions, 25 reps each (small break in between each set)
  • plate loaded squat machine: 2 x 45 lb plates; 2 separate leg positions, 30 reps
  • plate loaded squat machine: 4 x 45 lb plates; 2 separate leg positions, 25 reps
  • adductor: 50 lbs, 2 sets of 15
  • abductor: 50 lbs, 2 sets of 15
  • seated calf machine: 25 lbs, 20 reps
  • angled seated calf machine: 90 lbs, 15 reps
  • seated calf machine: 50 lbs, 15 reps
  • angled seated calf machine: 90 lbs, 15 reps
  • seated calf machine: 75 lbs, 10 reps
  • angled seated calf machine: 90 lbs, 12 reps
  • standing calf raises: 100 lbs, 3 sets of 10 reps
  • standing, bend over, hamstring exercise (not sure what to call it): 40 lbs, 3 sets of 15 reps
FINIS!

I didn't do cardio. Bad, bad, bad me!

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the reps and such on the leg press machines, because honestly I forget the numbers, but that gives you a general sense of what I did.

The adductor and abductor machines are amusing pieces of equipment. When I was in Goldsboro, NC, I noticed a lot of the older women using them. I decided to try them out, and I think I understand their appeal.

No comments: