Friday, March 28, 2008

My shoulder still isn't 100%

I just finished a workout at the gym. I took it easy for reasons mentioned already.
So, here's the routine:
(btw, as I type this, my arm muscles are in a bit of a spasm, but that's a good thing!)

  • 10 minutes on elliptical - very slow pace - but I got to see high rpm girl who was doing her high rpms before I got there, while I lifted, and was still at it as I left the building. I think she might be stuck.
  • bench press; no weight, 15 reps; 10 lbs on bar, 2 sets of 15; 30 lbs on bar, 1 set of 15; 40 lbs on bar set of 10 and set of 7 - I am pretty sure I'm missing a set or two... this is so confusing!
  • decline press; no weight, 2 sets of 15 reps
  • incline press; no weight, 2 sets of 15 reps
  • seated fly machine; 30 lbs, 2 sets of 15
  • rear delt machine; 30 lbs, 2 sets of 15
  • overhead press machine; 30 lbs, 2 sets of 15
  • tricep pull downs with the short little bar; 30 lbs, 15 reps; 42.5 lbs, 15 reps
  • seated bicep curls; 15 lbs in each hand, 2 sets of 15 reps (slight variation on arm movement with the two sets)
THE END. No problems with feeling a reaction coming back on, which was great. I thought about doing more cardio, but decided "girl stuck on elliptical machine doing high rpms" was doing enough for everyone in the place. Btw, the "crowd" at 8:30am is probably the most boring bunch I've seen...other than yours truly.

So, as to my shoulder; I definitely felt weakness in there. I'm wondering whether I should stop doing upper body stuff entirely for a week, but I'd hate to do that. Then again, that would allow me to focus more on lower body/cardio, and I haven't run outdoors in so long, so... we'll see. But a weak shoulder is not good.

Btw, I am sending this from a secret location.

No comments: