Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Secret Plan in Effect

So, today I began implementing my secret plan....rowing. I also did a spot of upper body work but nothing too significant.

Here goes the workout:
  • 10 minutes elliptical
  • 15 minutes rowing (2750 meters)
  • smith machine bench press (no weight, 20 reps; 20 lbs on bar, 20 reps; 40 lbs on bar, 2 sets of 12; 50 lbs on bar, 2 sets of 8)
  • lat pulldowns (55 lbs, 20 reps; 70 lbs, 4 sets of 12 reps)
  • seated triceps (no weight, 20 reps; 50 lbs, 20 reps; 90 lbs, 3 sets of 12?)
That's it. Not very challenging, but still a decent workout. I'm not sure I'm doing the rowing thing correctly. It just feels odd to me. Perhaps if I were really in a boat, I might notice something (like I was going in circles ...as that's what happened the last time I rowed a boat). Felt like a decent upperbody workout. I'll get the hang of it the more I do it. For now, it's a top secret project.

No comments: