Tuesday, July 1, 2008

All things for a reason

So, today is a gorgeous day out; it's perfect biking weather. You'd think I'd be eager to cycle, but I wasn't this morning. In fact, I wasn't going to do anything. But I thought I might as well run around the block.

I'm coming down Rosedale, listening to my iPOD, and just allowing my mind to wander... I see flying down the side street on the left a kid on a skateboard, and I see coming up Rosedale a red pickup truck. Now, the timing was perfect in the sense that in an instant I saw that kid colliding with the truck - or the truck with the kid.

I didn't even think about it, but I screamed "STOP" and held my hand up. The kid jumped off his skateboard about 5-10 feet in front of the truck as it slowed down. Had that kid not jumped off his board, I'm sure he would have been hit.

Now, maybe the kid SAW the truck; I dunno. Anyway, it both freaked me out and made me feel good in an odd way. Today was feeling like nothing was going well, but then that happened, and it just reminded me.... ah, those cheesy thoughts are for some other blog.

No comments: