Wednesday, July 9, 2008

An Old-Fashioned Leg Workout (following a rest day)

So, it was a tad backwards; I usually like to REST the day AFTER a leg workout, but so be it. I wanted to try my idea for improving my legs for cycling at the gym, but it didn't really workout very well.

The good news: no cardio. Yepee! I skipped it.

The bad news: I couldn't really find a way to use the straps, etc. to the the leg work I wanted. Still, it was a good trip the gym. Here's the routine:
  • messing around with straps and such trying to do something interesting
  • walking lunges
  • no weights, back and forth
  • 15 lbs in each hand, 3 trips back and forth
  • plie squats
  • 80 lbs, 3 sets of 15
  • leg press
  • no weight, 15 reps
  • 90 lbs, 3 sets of 15
  • no weight, 3 sets of 20
  • 180 lbs, 2 sets of 30 and 1 set of 25
  • seated calf raises
  • 45 lbs, 3 sets of 20
  • bend over hammy exercises
  • 30 lb, 15 reps
  • 40 lbs, 2 sets of 15
  • leg extensions
  • 50 lbs, 15 reps
  • 70 lbs, 15 reps
  • 90 lbs, 15 reps
For some reason, I can't indent my bullets by just hitting tab. I don't feel like messing with the html, so dela with the bad formatting. You get the idea here. ;)

No comments: