Thursday, July 3, 2008

This too shall pass...

Yesterday I took a well deserved day off from working out. I think I'd done something five days in a row, and that's enough. Today I decided to drive down to UA to do some lifting and such. My left shoulder is still a problem; I probably tore something, and I probably should get it checked out, but then a doctor might tell me something I don't want to hear (ie "you need surgery" or "you can't workout anymore" or "you need a replacement shoulder").

Here's what I did at the gym:
  • 10 mins on the elliptical - when I'm on there, I think about watching the cyclists in the peloton and the rhythm of their movements... the movement on the elliptical reminds me of that every time for some reason.
  • ab stuff
    • 3 sets of 20
  • leg press
    • no weight, 20
    • 90 lbs, 3 sets of 20 reps
    • 180 lbs, 1 or 2 sets of 20
    • 270 lbs, 1 set of 15
    • 180 lbs, 1 set of 20
  • double pulley pulldown
    • 20 lbs, 3 sets of 20
  • overhead press (machine)
    • 30 lbs, 2 sets of 20 (didn't feel right with the shoulder)
  • decline bench press
    • no weight, 20 reps
    • 10 lbs, 2-3? sets of 20 reps
    • 15 lbs, 20 reps
  • incline bench press
    • no weight, 20 reps (shoulder really bugging me)
  • hack squat
    • no weight, 3 sets of 20
  • calf raises using leg press machine
    • 90 lbs, 20 reps
    • 180 lbs, 20 reps
    • 270 lbs, 20 reps

Oh, so the subject heading refers to my feeling after reading some of the journal I wrote that covers 11/01 to about 2/02, which was a really interesting time in my life (at least to me; perhaps to no one else). It just reminded me of many non-workout related things, so I'll keep them off this page. I did realize that there are three "types" and I'll leave it at that - more a sa reminder to me than to anyone who might read this.

Finally, I am looking forward to the start of the Tour this Saturday, which will be a real treat because it's a REAL stage, not one of these silly 4 minute prologues won by David Millar or someone like that.

No comments: