Saturday, July 19, 2008

"You talk about your woman; I wish you could see mine"

That's a quote from Tommy, of course. I was singing and dancing in the shower; in fact, the TOMMY album is playing in the background as I type this.

Today was a good day at the gym. I think the shoulder is improving, but I still don't trust it. So here's the routine:
  • 10 min elliptical to warm up
  • pull ups (3 sets of 8) and knee ups :) (3 sets of 15)
  • bench press (no weight, 20 reps; 20 lbs on bar, 12 reps; 40 lbs on bar, 3 reps; 20 lbs on bar, 12 reps; 40 lbs on bar, 2 reps; 20 lbs on bar, 12 reps)
  • overhead dumbbell press (5 lb dummies, 20 reps; 10 lb, 12 reps; 17.5 lbs, 12 reps)
  • side and front lat raises (5 lb, 20 reps; 10 lbs, 3 sets of 12?)
  • preacher curls (20 lbs, 20 reps; 30 lbs, 12 reps; 40 lbs, 10 reps and 6 reps?)
  • tricep pulldowns (20 lbs, 20 reps; 30 lbs, 12 reps; 42.5 lbs, 2 sets of 12)
  • bicep curls (15 lb dummies, 20 reps?; 20 lb dummies, 2 sets of 12)
  • behind head tricep thingies (20 lbs, 3 sets of 12)
  • 10 pushups
  • 20 minutes running on treadmill
  • some light ab stuff
I am sure I have some of the numbers above wrong, but that doesn't matter too much. Basically, I warmed up with a set of 20 on a light weight, and then did 3 sets of 12 with some decent weights. I tried some heavier stuff, but I am WEAK! I don't really care about the weight though; it's more about the appearance. I want to look lean.

You may also notice something new: running on a treadmill. I really can't explain that. It just sorta happened. Bad. Very bad. I hate running on a treadmill, but it happened, so I put in 30 mins of cardio today.

Now my next step is try the rowing machine; not sure I'll do that, but I'm thinking about it. It's a top secret project though.

Ok, off to dress and head to the hot air balloon festival.

-The Gypsy Queen

No comments: