Thursday, May 15, 2008

Twice the workout, half the time

Today I decided to do two sets of everything. It was a leg day.

Here's my routine:
  • squats
    • no weight, 15 reps
    • 50 lbs on bar, 2 sets of 15 reps
  • hack squat
    • no weight, 2 sets of 15 reps
  • leg press
    • 90 lbs, 2 sets of 15 reps wide
  • bend over thing
    • just a bar, 2 sets of 15 reps
  • leg curl
    • 50 lbs, 2 sets of 15
  • leg extension
    • 50 lbs, 2 sets of 15
  • seated calf raises
    • 45 lbs, 2 sets of 15
  • 10 minutes elliptical
  • leg press
    • no weight, 3 sets of 15 - 3 different foot positions (no rest between sets)
    • 90 lbs, 3 sets of 15 - 3 different foot positions (no rest between sets) **** THIS ONE HURT!!!
  • 8 minutes elliptical
Overall, I think it was a good workout. I really felt that I was working my legs, and I'm sure I'll feel it even more tomorrow. I think doing the leg press AFTER the ten minutes on the elliptical was a good thing as well. So, I tried to mix stuff up today and I did.

No comments: