Saturday, May 10, 2008

non-workout post: Eddie Izzard wanted a picture with Mike


So, I saw Eddie perform his "Stripped" show. I really enjoyed it; didn't seem as good as some of the stuff I've seen on video for other tours, but his tour is really just beginning, and since it's unscripted, well, I'm sure he has better and fantastic nights. Still, seeing him live was amazing.

No James Mason in this one, but Moses and Noah make appearances as do giraffes who must communicate through coughs about a very stupid tiger. A favorite line - "So Charlie Darwin wrote this book, Monkey, Monkey, Monkey, Monkey, You.... Very controversial in the monkey community." I also liked the Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome reference... "two enter, one leaves."

Post ovation bit about landing on the moon - not very good Eddie...very good for someone else, but not Eddie.

#####################################################################
We waited outside the stage door for about 40 minutes before Mr. Izzard made his appearance and requested us all to form a nice, somewhat orderly line. We did. I had a program. Mike had a cellphone camera. I forgot mine. Shame on me. The one time I FORGET that silly thing is the time I wish I had it.

I really had nothing of note to say to Izzard just because there were about 150 people behind me, and I thought that he probably rather be having a drink in a hotel bar or something. I gave him the program, and he said, "You'd like me to sign this?" I think I grunted. Seriously, I'm not sure I formulated any real words until I said," Thank you for taking the time to do this." He said "You're welcome" or some polite variation. Here's my chance with Eddie and I say nothing.

Mike snaps his cell pic, and I'm off, but....

Eddie calls, "Don't you want a picture too?"

Mike turns, "Um, no thank you. That's ok."

Eddie implores, "Really, take a picture."

Mike says, "Um, ..."

Eddie again says, "Oh, c'mon take a picture."

So we do. That's the pic above. So, basically, Eddie Izzard begged Mike to take a photo with him. Lucky guy.

1 comment:

--V-- said...

That's a great picture!

I forgot about the giraffe bit, and the darwin one. He did make a reference to James Mason, but it was brief, and I can't remember it right now. If I do, I'll let you know :)