Tuesday, May 20, 2008

NON WORKOUT POST: Flight school should be starting soon

Late morning I spent on my deck reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, a potential selection for my Lit and Film course. Well, I noticed that the baby robins are a lot bigger and more active in their tiny nest, and Mom and Dad are really working to feed them. The mouths have become hungrier and bigger.

An amazing thing happened while I was sitting there - one of the robins began to stretch his little wing out of the nest. He flapped it a bit. It was awesome to watch.

Of course,now I have to worry about those little babies being on the grass in the backyard with Bert lurking about. I hope he doesn't bother them, but that's his nature as a cat. We'll see. I feel like a protective surrogate mother to them.

No comments: