Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Row, row, row your stationary boat...

So, here I am in my study trying to recall the many challenging exercises I did while at Urban Active this afternoon. Where are you right now? Grab another "potatoe" chip and enjoy that convention currently on at least four major networks. ;)

Anyway, here's what I did with a margin of error of plus or minus 10 lbs and 5 reps:
  • 5 minutes on elliptical because someone was on the rowing machine and the "free" machine was broke
  • 10 minutes rowing faster and more consistently than big slow friends of mine
  • incline bench (no weight, 3 sets of 18)
  • hack squat (no weight, 3 sets of 15)
  • decline bench (no weight, 18 reps; 10 lbs on bar, 15 reps; 20 lbs on bar, 12 reps)
  • incline flys (10 lb dbs, 3 sets of 15)
  • lat raises (10 lb dbs, 2 sets of side and front raises, 12-15 reps)
  • lat pulldowns (40 lbs, 15 reps; 55 lbs, 15 reps; 70 lbs, 12 reps)
  • incline curls (15 lb dbs, 2 sets of 12?)
  • standing hammer curls (15 lb dbs, 15 reps)
  • seated curls (15 lb db, 15 reps)
  • tricep pulldowns (25 lbs, 18 reps; 30 lbs, 15 reps; 35 lbs, 12 reps)
Yep, that about does it, I think. Mere mortals can't keep up with me, I know. The workout felt ok. I could have kept going. I wanted to do more leg stuff, but I think I may have done something to my ankle when I did those calf exercises using the leg press machine the other day. When I got out of bed this morning, my right ankle buckled just a bit. Can't have a buckling ankle.

Overall, pretty decent workout. It doesn't stress me out too much, so perhaps I'm not doing enough. I'm keeping the weights relatively low just because I don't need to build muscle. Also, my left shoulder still doesn't feel right; I bet I really damaged it months ago. Perhaps I need "surgimification" to use a word a friend of mine might make-up - you know who you are.

Have a good night!

No comments: