Thursday, September 4, 2008

I row, I lift, I cook, I clean, I'm amazing

So, after a long day I headed to UA mainly because I wanted to take some time off my rowing, and I did. I also did a fair amount of leg stuff. Here's the routine:
  • 10 minutes of rowing
  • abductor (60 lbs, 2 sets of 15, 1 set of 12)
  • adductor (60 lbs, 2 sets of 15, 1 set of 12)
  • plie squats (60 lbs, 3 sets of 15)
  • squats (no weight, 15 reps; 50 lbs on bar, 2 sets of 12)
  • Romanian deadlifts (40 lbs, 3 sets of 15)
  • leg extensions (70 lbs, 15 reps; 80 lbs, 15 reps; 85 lbs, 15 reps)
  • ab work
I feel like I am missing an exercise or two. I didn't describe some ab work I did and some stretching type things.

Ok, so let me talk about my rowing. I average 2:21 over 10 minutes, which is seven seconds better than the 2:28 average over 10 minutes yesterday. That's a good improvement, but I know I can do better. At the end of the 10 minutes, I was rowing at a 40m/s pace. That's equivalent to what a little buddy of mine did over 500m. I was really in a rhythm and I didn't feel like 40m/s was terribly taxing. In other words, I BET I can do that for 1:41 seconds and match my little buddy's pace. Of course, he's probably better now than he was when he recorded that time. Also, there's the fact that I don't know what sort of machine he uses and whether he has the tension up to 10 (as I do).

Well, lots to do so I'll end this post now. Decent workout; I probably should have done more cardio. Oh well.

No comments: