Monday, June 2, 2008

"Another one bites the dust..." - Queen

I'm writing this from my porch. It's nice to be able to work on my porch and take advantage of the WiFi, the shade, and the scenery.

Today I went to Urban Active. Originally, I wanted to do a really tough workout, but I wimped out. So, instead I just did some upper body stuff. Later, I may go for a short run around the block. I don't know.

Here's today's adventure:
  • bench press
    • no weight, 15 reps
    • 10 lbs on bar, 3 sets of 15
  • incline bench
    • no weight, 3 sets of 15
  • decline bench
    • no weight, 3 sets of 15
  • pulldowns
    • 55 lbs, 15 reps
    • 70 lbs, 15 reps
    • 85 lbs, 10 reps
  • flys
    • 10 lbs, 15 reps
    • 15 lbs, 15 reps
    • 17.5 lbs, 15 reps
  • curl bar
    • 20 lbs, 15 reps
    • 30 lbs, 10 reps - I got bored
  • barbell curls
    • 17.5 lbs, 2 sets of something I forget
  • behind head tricep exercise
    • 17.5 lbs, 15 reps
    • 25 lbs, 2 sets of something
  • some ab stuff
Overall, it was an ok workout - didn't push myself; this felt more like light exercise. I think I'd push myself more if I were working out with someone or if I were going for a goal, but I am goal-less.

One thing I do wish to know is why I have such trouble with the decline press. What muscles does it hit differently than the other versions of bench press?

No comments: